Looking to the Future
Family Memorial's growth strategy is to acquire established monument companies and open new retail monument businesses in favourable markets across Canada. Although management reviews new acquisition opportunities on a weekly basis, only those opportunities that represent superior investment value based on stringent criteria are given serious consideration.
The typical profile of a monument company that Family Memorials would consider acquiring include:
- Established business with a strong community presence
- Annual revenues between $750,000 and $1,500,000
- Potential to be restructured for increased margins
- Low competitive pressures
- Reasonable purchase price
- Commitment from existing management to remain with the company for a minimum of one year.